Question: How Do I Contact The Joint Commission?

How do I file a complaint with the Joint Commission?

The public can also submit a complaint to The Joint Commission via The Joint Commission’s website:

Scroll down to “Filing a Complaint.” The Joint Commission also has a complaint telephone number at (800) 994-6610 where you can speak to a Joint Commission representative..

How do you report unsafe staffing at a hospital?

To file a complaint about improper care or unsafe conditions in a hospital, home health agency, hospice, or nursing home, contact your State Survey Agency. The State Survey Agency is usually part of your State’s department of health services.

Where is the Joint Commission located?

ChicagoA majority of US state governments recognize Joint Commission accreditation as a condition of licensure for the receipt of Medicaid and Medicare reimbursements. The Joint Commission is based in the Chicago suburb of Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois.

How much does a Joint Commission survey cost?

TJC accreditation typically makes up 10-15% of the annual fees a hospital pays for a financial audit, and the surveying process can cost somewhere in the ballpark of $10,000-$45,000.